Answering Questions….Maybe Five
Last week I wrote a post called Ask Me A Question….Or Five. I was asked a few questions, so I want to take the opportunity today to answer those questions.
I’ll start with the question Matt Cannon asked me. Matt is an old friend. I used to be his supervisor where I work. Now he’s a full-time pastor. He blogs as the Seeking Pastor, so make sure you check his blog out. Matt asks, “Is Rocky Road your favorite ice cream or are you a weirdo?” That is an easy one to answer. The answer is no and yes. No, Rocky Road is not my favorite ice cream. Yes, I am a weirdo. My favorite ice cream is plain chocolate. There are so many reasons why I am a weirdo.
Next up is my friend Rob Shepherd, or as those in the game call him, Rob Shep. Rob is always taking his pastoring to the Next Level. He is a blogger and the father of twins. Rob asks, “What is the best super hero movie of all time?” Rob, that is a tough one. I’ve been there for all of them. I watched Superman when it first came out. I watched Batman in 1989 four times within the first week. I love Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy, but Batman Begins is my favorite of the three. I think The Avengers is the best, though Captain America: Winter Soldier is hot on its heels. And I’m not sure that Guardians of the Galaxy won’t be the best product Marvel has put out when all is said and done.
Scott Smith took the challenge and asked me five questions. I don’t know Scott very well, but appreciate him asking and look forward to getting know him more going forward. Scott asks the following:
1. Is 5 the limit on the number of questions, or can we ask more than that?
2. Are your posts written ahead of time, or do you post what you write on the same day?
3. How much time do you spend writing every day, if you write that often?
4. How thankful are you that the Vols aren’t playing LSU this year?
5. Creamy or Crunchy peanut butter and why?
- Scott, you can definitely ask more than 5.
- Kind of both. I got ahead by about 90 days at one time and slacked. Sometimes I’m a week ahead. Sometimes I write them just before they post.
- I probably write, on average, about 30 minutes per day. I would love to do more.
- Dooley almost beat LSU in 2010. I’m not terribly intimidated by the Tigers. However, I love Les Miles. He makes me smile.
- Creamy all day long.
The final question comes from good old Arthur 2 Sheds himself, Ricky Anderson. Ricky asks, “What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?” For a bonus, he wants me to make this up. For a bonus, I’ll throw in three and let you guess which one I made up.
First, I once was stung on the eyelid by a hornet. My eye was swollen shut for about two days.
Number two is when a friend of mine and I were shooting basketball. The net came loose, so he was going to boost me up to the rim and let me fix it. I stepped into his hands and my knee twisted when I went up. Cartilage was chipped and I had to wear a leg immobilizer for six weeks. My mom had to drive me to college during that time.
The final one happened on Mother’s Day, 1997. I was riding a four wheeler by myself in Rudd Holler, which the next holler over from Dunn Holler. I was a mile back in the mountain and rode it off a fifty foot bank. I rolled to the bottom and the four wheeler got stuck in a tree. I was scraped up and walked stiff for a week. X-rays indicate that it looks like I had a hard collision.
That’s it for now. Let’s do it again sometime.